For the best blooming season yet, have you created your maintenance to-do list? No problem. We got you covered. Follow these steps and your Wave® Petunias will continue thriving until it’s time to start thinking about Cool Wave® Pansies season!
1. Check smaller pots or hanging baskets daily during hot summer months. Keep your petunias hydrated, but don’t drown those roots.
2. Besides having the proper amount of watering, be sure your Wave Petunias are in a sunny location with at least six hours of full sun a day.
3. If you haven’t kept up on your watering, and the plants look a bit tired: Pinch, pinch, pinch. Spent blooms can be pinched. And we’re not just talking about pulling off old blooms. Pinch or use pruning shears to cut the small stems of those blooms. This redirects the energy of the plant and encourages new flowers.
4. If your plant is getting a bit leggy (with flowers only on the ends of the branch), you’ll need to do even more cutting back. We recommend cutting past the desired branch length of the plant to promote center growth. New branches will emerge with blooms just waiting to flourish.
5. Feed your petunias. A regularly scheduled fertilizer routine around every 10-14 days should do the trick. If you notice a yellowing on the leaves, your plants are in need of a dose of liquid fertilizer. Follow the dosage on the label accordingly.
Keep this list for a no-fuss petunia season. As long as you continue your routine, you’ll get blooms all the way through fall.
Find more care and maintenance tips at our How-To Library.